Find a course or provider

View course directories and providers in each state:

National links

Community colleges

Community colleges are major providers of community education, especially in New South Wales, Victoria and the ACT. Their peak body is Community Colleges Australia.

Neighbourhood houses and community learning centres

These local community-run organisations provide social, educational and recreational activities in a welcoming, supportive environment. The Australian Neighbourhood Houses and Centres Association represents over 1,000 organisations nationally.


Institutes of Technical and Further Education (TAFE) provide accredited vocational training (leading to formal qualifications) as well as wide range of short courses. Links to TAFE directories are provided under each state.

Literacy and numeracy courses

State bodies for adult literacy and numeracy provide information on courses in each state. The national peak body is the Australian Council for Adult Literacy.


Public libraries provide a range of educational activities for local communities. The Australian Libraries Gateway allows you search for a library in your area.

Migrant resource centres

Migrant resource centres provide support services to migrants and refugees, including English language and other courses. The umbrella body for organisations working with refugees and asylum seekers is the Refugee Council of Australia.

University of the Third Age (U3A)

U3A is an international movement that encourages people over 50 years of age who are not in full-time employment to take part in lifelong learning activities. The website includes a directory of local U3A groups.

Adult Learning Australia

Adult Learning Australia (ALA) is the national peak body for the adult learning field.

Courses Australia

This commercial site lists all Australian TAFEs and universities and provides a directory of over 10,000 courses.